INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information You Provide to Us
- Registration Information. When you sign up for a XpressRun account, you give us your name, email address, home address, and phone number. If you sign up for XpressRun using your Facebook account, we will also get basic information from your Facebook profile like your name, gender, profile photo, and Facebook friends.
- User Profile Information. When you join the XpressRun community, you can create a XpressRun profile to share fun facts about yourself and discover mutual friends and interests. Filling out a profile is optional, and you can share as little or as much as you want. Your name (and for Drivers, profile photos) is always part of your profile.
- Payment Method. When you add a credit card or payment method to your XpressRun account, a third party that handles payments for us will receive your card information. To keep your financial data secure, we do not store full credit card information on our servers.
- . If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you.
- Driver Application Information. If you join our XpressRun driver community, besides the basic registration information, we ask you for your date of birth, physical address, social Ssecurity number, driver’s license information, vehicle information, and car insurance information. We share this information with our partners who help us by running background checks on Drivers to help protect the XpressRun community.
- Payment Information. To make sure Drivers get paid, we keep information about Drivers’ bank routing numbers, tax information, and any other payment information provided by Drivers.
- Information We Collect When You Use the XpressRun Platform
- Location Information. XpressRun is all about connecting Drivers and Riders. To do this, we need to know where you are. When you open XpressRun on your mobile device, we receive your location. We may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. If you label certain locations, such as “home” and “work,” we receive that information, too. Your location information is necessary for things like matching Riders with nearby Drivers, determining drop off and pick up locations, and suggesting destinations based on previous trips. Also, if the need ever arises, our Trust & Safety team may use and share location information to help protect the safety of XpressRun Users or a member of the public. Besides the reasons described above, Drivers’ location information and distance travelled is necessary for calculating charges and insurance for XpressRun rides. If you give us permission through your device settings or XpressRun app, we may collect your location while the app is off to identify promotions or service updates in your area.
- Device Information. XpressRun receives information from Users’ devices, including IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, push notification tokens, and, if you register with your Facebook account, your Facebook identifier. We collect mobile sensor data from Drivers’ devices (such as speed, direction, height, acceleration or deceleration) to improve location accuracy and analyze usage patterns.
- Usage Information. To help us understand how you use the XpressRun Platform and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with the XpressRun Platform, like the pages or other content you view, your actions within the XpressRun app, and the dates and times of your visits.
- Call and Text Information. We work with a third-party partner to facilitate phone calls and text messages between Riders and Drivers connected for a ride. We receive information about these communications including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of any SMS messages. For security, we may also monitor and/or record the contents of phone calls made on the XpressRun Platform, such as those between Riders and Drivers. You will be given notice that your call may be recorded, and by proceeding you agree to allow XpressRun to monitor and/or record your call.
- User Feedback. At XpressRun, we want Users to always enjoy great rides. Riders and Drivers may rate and review each other at the end of every ride. We receive information about ratings and reviews and, as we explain below, give Riders information about Drivers’ ratings and reviews and vice versa.
- Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We collect information through using “cookies”, tracking pixels, and similar technologies to understand how you navigate through the XpressRun Platform and interact with XpressRun advertisements, to learn what content is popular, and to save your preferences. Cookies are small text files that web servers place on your device; they store basic information and to help websites and apps recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use the XpressRun Platform. Consult your web browser(s) to modify your cookie settings. If you delete or choose not to accept cookies from us, you may be missing out on certain features of the XpressRun Platform.
- Information We Collect from Third Parties
- Third Party Services. If you register for XpressRun or otherwise link your XpressRun account with a third party’s service (such as Facebook), we may receive the same information we collect from you (described above) directly from those services.
- Third Party Partners. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, payment information, or fraud detection information, from third party partners and combine it with other information that we have about you.
- Background Information on Drivers. XpressRun works with third party partners to perform driving record and criminal background checks on Drivers, and we receive information from them such as publicly available information about a Driver’s driving record or criminal history.
- How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from all Users to:
- Connect Riders with Drivers;
- Provide, improve, expand, and promote the XpressRun Platform;
- Analyze how the XpressRun community uses the XpressRun Platform;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Personalize the XpressRun experience for you and your friends and contacts;
- Send you text messages and push notifications;
- Facilitate transactions and payments;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Find and prevent fraud; and
- Respond to trust and safety issues that may arise, including auto incidents, disputes between Riders and Drivers, and requests from government authorities.
Additionally, we use the information we collect from Drivers related to driving on the XpressRun Platform to:
- Send emails and text messages to Drivers who have started the driver application process regarding the status of their application;
- Determine a Driver’s eligibility to drive for XpressRun;
- Notify Drivers about ride demand, pricing, and service updates; and
- Calculate and provide XpressRun’s auto insurance policy and analyzing usage patterns for safety and insurance purposes.
- How We Share the Information We Collect
- Sharing Between Users. Riders and Drivers matched for a ride can see basic information about each other, such as names, photo, ratings, and any information they have added to their profiles. Riders and Drivers who connect their XpressRun accounts to Facebook can also see their mutual Facebook friends during the ride. Drivers see the pick-up location that the Rider has provided. Riders see a Driver’s vehicle information and real-time location as the Driver approaches the pick-up location. Riders’ ratings of Drivers are shared with Drivers regularly. Although we help Riders and Drivers communicate with one another to arrange a pickup, we do not share your actual phone number or other contact information with other Users. If you report a lost or found item to us, we will seek to connect you with the Rider or Driver, including sharing actual contact information with your permission.
- Sharing Between XpressRun and Third Parties.
- API and Integration Partners. If you connect to the XpressRun Platform through an integration with a third-party service, we may share information about your use of the XpressRun Platform with that third party. We may share your information with our third-party partners to receive additional information about you. We may also share your information with third party partners to create offers that may interest you.
- Service Providers. We work with third party service providers to perform services on our behalf, and we may share your information with such service providers to help us provide the XpressRun Platform.
- Other Sharing. We may share your information with third parties in these cases:
- While negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger or sale of our assets;
- If a government authority requests information and disclosure is required or appropriate to comply with laws, regulations, or a legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or third parties if doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of the XpressRun community, XpressRun, or the public;
- To comply with a legal requirement or process, including but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures.
- If you signed up for a promotion with another User’s referral or promotion code, with your referrer to let them know about your redemption of or qualification for the promotion;
- With our insurance partners to help determine and provide coverage in the event of an incident;
- To provide information about the XpressRun Platform to potential business partners in aggregated or de-identified form that can’t reasonably be used to identify you; and
- Whenever you consent to the sharing.
- Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails, but we will still send you transactional and relational emails about your account use of the XpressRun Platform.
- Messages. You can opt out of receiving commercial or promotional text messages by texting the word END to 12345 from the mobile device receiving the messages. You may also opt out of receiving all texts from XpressRun (including transactional or relational messages) by texting the word STOPALL to 12345 from the mobile device receiving the messages, however, opting out of receiving all texts may affect your use of the XpressRun Platform. Drivers can also opt out of driver-specific messages by texting STOP in response to a driver SMS. To re-enable texts, you can text START in response to an unsubscribe confirmation SMS.
- Push Notifications. You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Opting out of receiving push notifications may affect your use of the XpressRun Platform (such as receiving a notification that your ride has arrived).
- Profile Information. While your name will always be shared with Drivers and fellow XpressRun Riders, you can delete any additional information that you added to your profile at any time if you do not want Drivers and Riders to see it. Riders can always see Drivers’ names, rating, profile photos, and vehicle information.
- Location Information. While you can prevent your device from sharing location information at any time through your Device’s operating system settings, Rider and Driver location is a crucial component of the XpressRun Platform and, without it, we cannot provide our services.
- Facebook Friends. You can control whether to enable or disable the Facebook mutual friends feature through your profile settings.
- Data Security. We maintain security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, misuse, or disclosure. However, no exchange of data over the Internet can be 100% guaranteed secure. While we try to protect your personal information shared with us through the XpressRun Platform or otherwise, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share with us could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that XpressRun is not responsible for any intercepted information shared without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any claims arising out of or related to using such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
- Children’s Privacy. XpressRun is not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has given us personal information, we will try to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us at XpressRunnow@outlook.com.